The program is for children 5-8 years of age. The program includes 3 segments: Q&A, Talent& Group Song. Participant fee is $10.
RESPYRO out of Belle Plaine is the fireworks display company performing the show. Check them out at www.respyro.com.
Menu – Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich, cinnamon rolls, fruit, OJ, coffee
All proceeds will go towards the East Bay Park Project.
More details to come.
1St Annual Fire It Up BBQ Contest July 2nd, 2022
All teams in the BBQ contest must have paid their entry fees before competing in the contest. Entry Fee will be $100.00(non–refundable). Pre–register before June 2nd, to guarantee a spot. Entry Fee will include the meat which will Baby Back Ribs. All entries must be prepared and cooked on Saturday July 2nd at the Cook–Off event in the designated cooking area. NO COOKING before you have checked in Saturday July 2nd. Check in opens at 6:30–7:30a.m, with cook meeting at 7:30 a.m. (this is when you will receive your baby back ribs) cooking starts at 8:00 am and judging at 4:00pm.
NOTE: You are responsible for observing prudent temperatures and sanitary requirements.
- Each team will consist of a Chief Cook and as many assistants as the Chief Cook deems necessary. The Chief Cook must be of the age of 21 or better to participate.
- Each team will provide the grill or smoker to be used exclusively by that team within the confines of the team’s assigned cooking space.
- Each team will bring their own: seasoning and cooking equipment. Baby back ribs will be provided and will be able to pick up at the cook meeting at 7:30 am Saturday July 2nd, 2022.
- All seasoning and cooking of the product shall be done within the confines of the team assigned cooking space. Each team will receive a space to cook in 10 x 20. Vehicles must be parked outside the cooking area. Small “easy up” style tents or umbrellas are permitted for shade.
- Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, health and other codes whether local, county, state or federal.
- No cooking of any kind may be done before checking in on July 2nd, 2022. 7. All contestants are expected to respect the rights of other teams.
- Profane language or infringement on another team’s area will not be permitted. This is a fun family event.
- The public will be voting for People’s Choice Award for the best cooked rib by dropping a ticket in a bucket at each team camp.
- There will also be a best team camp competition that will be judged by a separate bunch of judges that is not judging the ribs. There will be award for the best camp. The theme is 4th of July since we are putting all money towards 2023 Balaton Fireworks. Just remember this is a family fun event!!
- 1. Each team will be assigned a 10 X 20 space, located at Lions Park 2. No vehicles will be allowed in the assigned cooking area 3. Generators are allowed. NO ELECTRICITY PROVIDED
- Blind judging containers will be handed out at the Check In/Cooks Meeting. Each team must prepare FIVE individual pieces of meat for the judges that will take place at 4:00 p.m. Anything placed in the container that identifies your team will cause your entry to not be scored. All turn-ins must be delivered to the judging location (a sign will indicate where) at the designated time which is 4:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. Late turn-in will not be scored.
- Entries will be judged by a judging team of five judges per panel. They will be scored in the areas of appearance, tenderness/texture, and taste. The scoring system is 100 (excellent) to 1 (bad). All whole numbers between 1 and 100 may be used to an entry.
- Garnish will be allowed in the turn-in box.
- No sauce containers will be allowed in the turn-in box.
- Products may be presented with or without sauce or seasonings.
- If you choose to use a sauce with your entry, it must be applied to the entry. Sauce must not be pooled in the container.
- No toothpicks, skewers, etc. are permitted in the turn-in box. Any entry not complying with this rule will be given a 0 (zero) in all judging categories.
- Turn-in boxes shall only contain garnish and turn in products.
“Fire It Up” Contest Prizes
Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places–judged by a
panel of 5 judges
Best Team Camp- theme “4th of July” judge by a separate panel
of judges Peoples Choice Award for best tasting ribs-voted by the public
In an effort to reduce congestion during parade line up, access to Maple Street on 1st ave and 3rd street (not Main street) off Washington Street will be restricted. Please access Maple Street from 2nd and 3rd avenues and their will be parade staff to direct you. All floats will be directed to the old football field.
Line-up Maple Street (baseball field). 1:00pm
Parade starts at 2pm.
Interested in entering? Fill out the following form and and hit ‘Send’!
-The project sold with the biggest flip wins cash prize
-Registration forms due by June 25 2022
-$20 to enter up to 3 projects and set up starts at 9:30am July 2 2022
-For more information mail/email registration contact Denise Hoek 507-828-3303 , Gayle Kaup 507-626-0187 or Ruth Lehnhoff 507-626-0610
DJ’s Jeff & Teresa Goettig.
Chalk the walk, Bubble Station and Coin Dig
This event is sponsored by the Balaton Area Community Foundation. Age groups are 2nd grade -8th grade. Register by calling or texting Brita at 507-828-2466. Prizes will be given.
Raffle tickets can be bought from any Fun Fest or Chamber member or at 1st Independent Bank. Contact Julie at 507-828-0114 if you are interested. All proceeds go towards Fun Fest and Chamber sponsored projects.